Ron Simon was raised in Baytown, Texas. He graduated from Baytown Lee High School in 1986. He was awarded several prestigious college scholarships to attend the University of Texas in Austin, where he received his bachelor’s degree in the Civil Engineering Honors Program in 1990 (graduating #5 in his class), and his J.D. in 1993.
Ron’s groundbreaking work on behalf of victims in several national foodborne illness outbreaks (Peter Pan peanut butter, Castleberry’s chili, Nestle cookie dough, Peanut Corporation of America Peanut products, and Daniele salami, to name a few) have been featured on NBC, ABC, CBS, CNN, and virtually all other major television networks and print media. He has represented over 5000 victims of food-borne outbreaks.
Verdicts & Settlements
He has obtained over $600,000,000.00 in verdicts and settlements on behalf of his clients. In 2007, His latest food poisoning settlement was for $13.25 Million after two children developed hemolytic uremic syndrome from E. Coli poisoning. The following cases are some of the verdicts and settlements that Mr. Simon has obtained on behalf of his clients:
- $ 13.25 Million – Net To Client – 5-year-old boy and 7-year-old girl who developed hemolytic uremic syndrome from E. Coli poisoning
- $ 77.1 Million – Net To Client – 28-year-old female with severe burns to 53% of her body from a propane explosion
- $ 65.5 Million – Net To Client – shareholder oppression / commercial duress of small venture capital company
- $ 56.2 Million – Net To Client – death of 26 elderly patients in vehicle explosion and fire
- $ 8.5 Million – Net To Client – 65 adults who contracted salmonella poisoning from food product
University of Texas at Austin – B.S. Civil Engineering – Honors Program – 1990
- Cockrell, Teagle, Conoco, and Goodman Engineering Scholarships
- Chi Epsilon, Phi Eta Sigma, Alpha Lambda Delta Honor Societies
- University of Texas Men’s Water Ski Team
University of Texas at Austin – J.D. – 1993
- Board of Advocates – 1992-1993
Honors & Achievements
- Texas Super Lawyer – 2005, 2006, 2007, 2008, 2009, 2010, 2011, 2012, 2014, 2015, and 2016
- Top 100 Trial Lawyers by the National Trial Lawyers Association (2012, 2013, 2014, 2015, 2016, and 2017).
- Awarded the AV Peer Review Rating For Ethical Standards and Legal Ability (Highest Rating)
- Named one of H Texas Magazine’s “Top Lawyers For the People”
- Adopting a Military Approach to Polygraph Evidence Admissibility: Why Federal Evidentiary Protections Will Suffice, 25 Tex. Tech L. Rev Vol 4, 1055 (1994).
- The Evidence Wars, Daubert and Other Developments in Evidence and Expert Testimony, SMU School of Law Advanced Civil Trial and Appellate Advocacy Seminar, 1996
- United States Supreme Court
- Fifth Circuit of the United States
- Northern District of Texas
- Southern District of Texas
- Eastern District of Texas
- Western District of Texas
- All Texas State Courts